I knew the first post on this thing was going to be a bit daunting. I want this blog to become something special, and represent the things I enjoy most in life: writing, photography, poetry, good company, a well-mixed drink and most importantly food. I thought I would start with one of my favorite recipes or post one of my best photos, until I found this video. It is a mash up of three songs from Adele’s most recent Album 21. If you have not listened to the album in its entirety while sitting in a cafe, sipping a cup of coffee and reminiscing about the last person who broke your heart, do it now. If there is one thing I like more than the soulful power of Adele’s voice, it is other artists using her genius to make something (dare I say it?) better. I also have a soft spot for dorky guys rockin’ out.
Tag Archives: Rolling in the Deep
TagsAdele BBQ Beer Blog Books Chicago Doughnut Vault Exercise Feta Fitness Food Food Network Friends Guy Fieri Happiness journalism Lehigh Life Literature Lit Fest London Love Mash-up Meat Men Mexican Money Muffin Music National Doughnut Day New Years Party Photography Poetry Recipe Red Pepper Resolutions Rolling in the Deep Smoque Social media Spinach Sugar Sweet Work Writing
- Closing out #CCBW with a Servant Beersel from Perennial @ Hopleaf Bar instagram.com/p/ZtlNMIHP5f/ 9 hours ago
- And @nick_photo RT @Jerk312 Thank you @SarahIsChi & @ZagatChicago Blessings and Respect - #JerkBoss 15 hours ago
- Insanely well-seasoned fries and Jamaican jerk chicken RT @ZagatChicago Food Truck of the Week: @Jerk312 — zagat.bz/ZiG4 15 hours ago
- RT @Chicago_Reader: Cocktail writer Lauren Viera shows us around her booze museum. It's her house. ow.ly/llbVk 18 hours ago
- RT @ZagatChicago: Biscuits and doughnuts and fried chicken, oh my! It is all happening @endgrainchicago — zagat.bz/11dhOof 1 day ago